Are you battling sleep apnoea?
Sleep Apnoea is a condition characterised by 'stopping breathing' for more than 10 seconds at a time while asleep.
There are two types of sleep apnoea' obstructive sleep apnoea and the less common central sleep apnoea. Diagnosis is confirmed by a 'sleep study'.
Typical symptoms of sleep apnoea:
- Restlessness, excessive movement/kicking while asleep
- Mouth breathing
- Dry mouth/throat on waking
- Thirst overnight and or on waking
- Waking unrefreshed, daytime tiredness, foggy thinking
- Tendency to fall asleep in meetings and in front of the TV
- Breathlessness on exercise.
If you think you maybe suffering from Sleep Apnoea don't hesitate to speak with one of our general practitioners who will arrange a series of tests, including a sleep study.